Thursday, August 30, 2007

on housing

I officially have a place to live for a few months. I move in over the weekend. This means I won't be living out of a bag, and I can take everything out of my car!!! I'm thrilled.

In other news, I read my first western, The Quick and the Dead by Louis L'Amour, and I loved it. I will definitely be reading more. Also, I'm going to try to take some pictures of the area this weekend, so I can post them. Oh, and I had the best biscuits and gravy EVER yesterday. Who'd have thought they would know how to make biscuits and gravy out here? I could have banked on the south for that one. Otherwise, I'm eating too much junk food and not dancing nearly enough. I'm hoping I can change all that once I'm moved. My prospects in Portland are looking clearer and clearer. I finally feel like I have a solid goal that is not only practical and economical but also feeds the fire that burns deep inside. I can see myself getting pretty comfortable over the next year... not too comfortable, never fear, because we all know the danger in that.

I broke open a fortune cookie tonight that read, "you will soon get unexpected support." I hope it's true.

Mad love from your one and only cowgirl,
Leslie

No comments: