Sunday, October 28, 2007

on top

Yesterday was incredible fun. In fact, it was probably the best day I've had in a long while. I had the great fortune of spending the better part of the day in Park City, a pretty little ski town here in Utah.Yesterday was incredible fun. In fact, it was probably the best day I've had in a long while. I had the great fortune of spending the better part of the day in Park City, a pretty little ski town here in Utah.


We drove into the city about 11 a.m., and spent two or three hours at the Outlet malls on the outskirts. It was really amusing to shop with Mandy, and though I didn't buy much, I did throroughly enjoy myself. After this, we headed to Main Street, and decided to grab a bite. I was starving. This cute little pub was calling our name, so I had a chicken/mushroom/bacon pizza and some delicious pumpkin ale. I absolutely stuffed my face.



After dinner, we just started exploring. There were BEAUTIFUL Native American jewelry shops, with turquoise to die for. Too bad I don't have three grand to drop on a belt. There were many lovely little shops and other areas to venture into. For one, I kissed this moose:

There were a lot of art galleries as well, and I rather enjoyed this particular sculpture:


After wandering for a while, we enthusiastically loitered in a candy shop. Our senses having gotten the better of us, I indulged myself with a hazelnut truffle, and a caramel apple. Oh, yum. This place reminds me of Gatlinburg.


More loitering, and many other pictures taken with statues (I'll spare you) later, we stop for one last drink at this really cool little bar that was wicked wild, wild, west. The lighting was awesome as well as the decor, so I snagged a couple shots before heading out.


Sore feet, and dead tired, we begin the drive home, hoping to make it before dark (yeah right), and amidst falling asleep in the car, we decided that we absolutely MUST attend the Vanilla Ice Halloween party that night, called up Teazers to reserve our spots, and made our way home to relax for a solid 45 minutes. I will continue this story in the next blog, when I have the pictures to post.... :)

No comments: