Friday, October 26, 2007

on vanilla ice

Breaking news: last night I met Vanilla Ice. Here goes: we get to the club, and some people offer to get us in for free, so we go throught the V.I.P. Inside, there is a guy putting on our wrist bands, and he smirks and invites us to this party. I think it's just another guy, so I laugh in his face. Then, I walk away and see all the posters and flyers about Vanilla Ice's show the next day. I look at the picture and realize that I just laughed in the face of Vanilla Ice himself! None other! I just think this is absolutely the funniest thing. I can't stop laughing.

Otherwise, life is good. I just started working on a fusion dance number with fans. I'm really loving this style, and there are so many beautiful ways to use the fans. I need better ones, though, because mine were falling apart after a couple hours of use. Anyway, I'm really happy with this. Also, I got to learn Odyssey Dance Company's version of Thriller in dance class on Tuesday. It's fun to dance like a zombie. :-)

Hmmm... oh I got to carve pumpkins a couple weeks ago, and that made me incredibly happy. I still have two left to do over the weekend, and I'm thinking I should do a wolf howling at the moon.

I've started perusing jobs and places to live in Portland. There are a great many very desirable jobs for preschool teachers. I really can't wait to get back with kids. All the jobs I've been looking at are high paying with good benefits. I plan to send out resumes next month, because I want to make my way up toward the end of December. I decided to stay through December because I really like my job, and I am needed here for Christmas.

On that note, I don't think I've ever been happier in my life. I look forward to going to work every single day. I make new friends constantly. I have so much fun and see things through such sunny eyes. This doesn't necessarily mean I am not sad or lonely or doubtful; it's just that I view those things with such appreciation for what they have to teach me. I think a large part of this is the fact that I don't really have big goals/ plans for the future. I'm really trying to engage to the fullest in the moment at hand, and it's difficult, but I've been more successful here than ever before. I laugh more, dance always, and my heart flutters every single day. I miss my friends, and love you guys SO much. Life is beautiful. :-)

No comments: