Monday, August 30, 2010

celebrating dance

This past weekend my dance troupe Saguaro Bellydance performed a little number at San Diego's Celebrate Dance Festival out in Balboa Park. It was remarkable because we were joined by five of Christa's lovely students, and they certainly made the show. As many of you may know, we did a wild west themed set, dancing to several of Ennio Morricone's tracks from spaghetti westerns, along with some newer electronic stuff. It was the perfect fusion, and other than the CD player at the event being unable to read our CD, which worked fine in other players, it all went rather smoothly. Luckily we had all but one track on Christa's ipod, and so only had to give up performing the one. We had a super engaging audience, and I really had a blast up there. Christa and I choreographed all the songs for the set, and I designed the costumes and made many of them, and I have to give mad props to the girls for making parts of their costumes and for their creative style. I thought everyone looked really great, and it was so fun for us to have 5 more dancers up with us, as we are so used to it being just the two of us. Here are some pics from the show.









I got to see a couple of other dance groups perform as well, and they were all beautiful and amazing dancers. I loved being part of an event whose purpose is to celebrate my greatest passion in life. It's such a wonderful thing to share, and there are so many beautiful dancers and styles out there to see.

No comments: