Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

Today, I'm joining Taryn over at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday.

G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
*
If you would like to join us, see below. 
Our gratefulness feeds one another. 
*
 
 
 
- Finding some amazing books at the library this week, like Thich Nhat Hanh's Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children.

- Watching my plants grow and thrive- lavender, basil, and calendula are all swooning in the sun.
 
- Some beautiful weather this week, with the crispy hint of autumn tickling my heart.
 
- Being able to buy some fresh produce from a farmer at his roadside stand today.
 
- An afternoon at the beach. Much needed. Toes in sand, cold water invigorating and numbing my calves, waves washing my soul. 
 
- A morning of tea and genuine people.
 
- A teacher who shed some insight on an experience I was having. Her words, "Soft front; Strong back."
 
- A yoga practice that gave some energy and detoxification to my body which was fighting some sort of bug.
 
- A glass of fresh juice in the middle of the day- carrot, celery, apple, ginger, and coconut water.

- A conversation that had been happening over and over with no comprehension or resolution, which was finally fully engaged in, understood, and is now coming to fruition.

- A chance to share in gratitude with so many others of you!


Gratitude Sunday


2 comments:

Sara Richardson said...

Beautiful picture!

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hello Leslie,
What a beautiful list.
That book sounds like one I would enjoy reading.
I appreciate your insights.

Lots of Love, Taryn