Monday, August 13, 2012

Acceptance

I'm reading A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield. It's one of those books where you want to highlight every other sentence. You should all read the whole thing, but until then, I'll share some of the passages.




"Struggle and dictating doesn't work in our inner life either. S we must inquire what aspect of this repeated pattern is asking for acceptance and compassion, and ask ourself, 'Can I touch with love whatever I have closed my heart to?' This doesn't mean solving it or figuring it out- it is simply asking, 'What wants acceptance?' In difficult patterns of thought, emotion, or sensation, we must open to feel their full energy in our body, heart, and mind, however strongly they show themselves. This includes opening to our reactions to this experience as well, noticing the fear, aversion, or contraction that arises and then accepting it all. Only then can it release."

No comments: