Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

Today, I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for 

G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y 
 
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
 

This week I am grateful for

- Homemade pumpkin muffins on a custom autumn plate and a get well card brought to me by the 6 year old boy I nanny for, when I was under the weather.

- For the first time, being able to celebrate the Equinox with a large group of people, who offered food, song, and poetry throughout the night. (Usually I celebrate it by myself, or with only a few others.)

- Being able to touch compassion in moments that are very difficult and driven by ego.

- Cooler weather at night, and a pair of wool socks to keep my toes warm.

- A homemade Bangladeshi comfort food meal- sooooo soothing to my soul, and shared amongst dear people.

- Waking up earlier than usual, and having more space in my day because of it.

- Some words from a friend that reminded me of my own strength. We all need to be reminded of that sometimes.

- A yoga practice that allowed me to let go of some things I was holding very tightly to.
 
What are you grateful for?
 

Gratitude Sunday

 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Jumping over here from Taryn's blog. Pumpkin muffins are on my list, too! Thanks so much for sharing, I love reading everyone's lists.

-Amanda at http://wildarmadillos.com

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hello Leslie,
I always enjoy your lists. They are filled with beauty and grace.

Love, Taryn

Leslie said...

Thank you Taryn. Love to you.