Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gratitude Sunday

Today, I'm joining Taryn over at Wooly Moss Roots for 

G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
*


This week I've been grateful for:

- Enjoying this season with some children who truly appreciate the magic of it. Autumn, harvest, Halloween, dia de los meurtos- all of it.

- Finding transformation- realizations that come from the greatest difficulty- or finding energy and motivation out of a painful situation.

- Using that energy to get my new etsy shop back up with some salves listed, and to finish my website.

- Truly understanding the adage "it takes a village to raise a child." It's always been hard for me to ask for or accept help, but these past few weeks my village has really come through for me. I've found so much support and been able to admit that I really need it right now. So gratitude for my village as well.

- A beautiful moment after introducing a child I care for (who just turned one) to a gingko tree. He spent the morning under its branches, not wanting to leave, and continually walking up to its trunk and just holding his hands there looking up. It was love. This was special to me because I find I have a strong connection to the gingko tree.


- Perspective. This lesson has come to me in every facet of my life, from a plane ride to a yoga class to a conversation, the space to find perspective has been granted to me in abundance.

- Lessons learned about myself- my own fears, motivations, and expectations. It's never easy to admit or embrace the fact that we often act unskillfully or have reasons for doing things that are not aligned with our heart. It's freeing to see this, and love ourselves as we are.


-Witnessing a vow. My stepbrother and his wife got married, and being able to watch that intimate moment between them where they formally committed to being life partners was very moving.

2 comments:

momto5 said...

((hug)) taking that help can be hard at times, but once you do, it makes you wonder why you waited. lol i love my community as well.

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hello Leslie,
Lovely list of gratitudes. :)

I have not yet been around a gingko tree. Hearing about the little one with it, made me smile.

Love, Taryn