Sunday, January 13, 2013

Grattidue Sunday

Joining Taryn, over at Wooly Moss Roots, for Gratitude Sunday. 
And, it's good to be back.

G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
    



This week I have been grateful for: 

- A home, and it really feels like one, for the first time in a long while.

- A hearth- our heat hasn't been working, so we've been keeping warm by the fire in the evenings. What a wonderful blessing.

- Health. I was down with a cold much of this week, but am on the mend. I am grateful that it wasn't one of the flu bugs that so many of my friends have.

- Silence. Being home sick this week gave me plenty of alone time, space, and silence. That really feeds my ability to be curious and open to my own experience. 

- Companionship. People to share meals with, to talk to around a fire, to meditate with. I am grateful that we can share this human life.

- Bringing my lunch to the Baylands, which is just across the street, for some fresh air and sunlight one of the days I was sick. It rejuvenated my spirit. And I got to see some wonderful birds.   

- My family, who has been so supportive of me in all my recent transitions. Not just my blood family, but all of my family.

4 comments:

momto5 said...

glad you are on the mend. a good community is such an amazing blessing. cont to heal!

sustainablemum said...

Hope you feel well soon, I am always grateful for our fire too.

Little Mossy Mushroom said...

Feel better soon! I've always found good company, good food, good rest and a good warm fire to be some of the best doctors :)

All the best x

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hello Leslie,
Love that picture of the fire. Lovely list and happy to have you join.

Love,
Taryn