Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

Good morning! I'm joining Taryn, over at Wooly Moss Roots for 

G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
 
 
 
This week I have been grateful for:
- A chance to meet up with a friend I haven't seen since August 2010. That was incredibly wonderful.

- Finally feeling like I have a group of friends (not just acquaintances) out here. Amazing how long it takes to find that when you move to a new place!

- The wisdom that comes with age. I am particularly grateful that people are willing to share with me what their 60 something years has taught them.

- Over the past two or three days, I have had food and tea prepared for me with such love by several people. This is such a healing thing for me, to be served delicious nourishing food. It feels like I've been preparing all my meals for so long, and I forgot how wonderful it is to be able to eat a meal without having done all the prep work (granted, I like doing it). To be able to accept this kind of loving gesture is also a big deal for me.

- Friday morning, the gnarly silhouette of a beautiful tree against the backdrop of the stormy sky pierced my being.

- The opportunity to spend an afternoon with my favorite 7 year old- just us (much needed time). We went to this beautiful coffee shop, shopping at several bookstores, and to the park. What a blessing to have him in my life. 

- Today I am especially grateful that I have no plans. It feels like I've been running and running. Now, I rest.

3 comments:

momto5 said...

that photo is stunning! wow. :)
and i just love it when food is prepared for me, i do almost all of the food prep here, it sure is wonderful when others do it with love and care.
have a lovely week.

Diane said...

What a wonderful week for you, I hope you have many more!

Cynthia said...

Your photo is just beautiful. I know all too well the feeling of running and running with no rest. May you get more of the rest you need this week.