Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

Today I'm joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for 

 G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 
      

This week I have been grateful for:
- A gray morning that pushed the vibrancy of the blossoming trees to an extreme beauty.

- Help. From loved ones and strangers alike. I am floored by the generosity of others. (Read about what I'm doing here.)

- A reminder that it's not about what we get, but about what we give. 

- The beauty of community. People coming together to shine and radiate and connect and uplift.

- Produce fresh from the farm. Our household joined a Farm Fresh program that delivers produce from local farms each week, which is perfect for my too busy schedule.

- The courage and will of a man who fled Tibet and brought such profound teachings to the West. This week was 26 years since the death of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, lineage holder of my tradition. 

- Seeing the magic in the mundane. I am lucky there are so many children in my life to help me with this.

- Feeling anger. This seems bizarre, but I am grateful to be fully human, to be aware of my emotions, to meet situations as they are, without having to gloss them over. I am especially grateful for the ability to give that anger the space it needs to not have to act based on it. 

- Health. I am finally feeling better after over 2 weeks of being sick. I haven't been that sick possibly ever. It's a nice reminder of impermanence, and I'm so grateful to be feeling well again.

What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

momto5 said...

very wonderful list. <3 have a most beautiful week.